Mimmie Ng grew up in Leongatha, attending local schools and being involved in local sports, music and Church activities. After completing her university studies, she returned to South Gippsland and commenced work at Oakleys Law in August 2008. Mimmie completed her Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice in 2009 while working at Oakley Law, being admitted to practice in September 2009.
Since then, Mimmie has developed her expertise in property matters and particularly enjoys assisting clients to buy and sell real estate and businesses, taking into account each client’s needs and circumstances. Mimmie is keen to assist clients in all aspects of property law matters. Her experience also extends to commercial contracts, Leases, Trusts, Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney.
Mimmie can also advise businesses and incorporated associations on governance and policy issues.
In November 2008, Mimmie was elected as a Councillor for the South Gippsland Shire Council. During her four year term on Council, she was a Director on the Board of the Gippsland Regional Waste Management Group and a member of the Youth Council (along with involvement in many other committees and groups). Mimmie has an extensive knowledge of local conditions, in particular the South Gippsland Planning Scheme, government policies and support available to businesses, community groups and individuals.
Areas of Legal Expertise
- Property law and conveyancing
- Commercial law
- Family law
- Wills and powers of attorney
- Estate and succession planning
- Deceased estates
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (2008) The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts (2008) The University of Melbourne
- Diploma of Modern Languages (Japanese) (2008) The University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (2009) The College of Law
- Cert IV in Teaching English to Students of Other Languages (2012) Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Victorian Local Governance Association (and former Board Member, 2013-2017)
13 McCartin Street
Leongatha VIC 3953
03 5662 3401