Sean moved to South Gippsland in April 2012 with his partner, Anna, who is a veterinarian.
Prior to his relocation, Sean was a Trust Officer in the Senior Master’s (Funds in Court) Office of the Supreme Court of Victoria in Melbourne, where he managed funds and assets for people, known as beneficiaries, who were under a legal disability.
More recently Sean was an Associate to two Associate Judges of the Supreme Court. Sean sat in many commercial disputes, trials and applications, in particular matters in relation to Corporate Solvency, Wills and Estates and disputing legal costs. Sean also attended and assisted with numerous Court annexed judicial mediations.
Since joining Oakleys Law, Sean has predominantly worked out of the firm’s Korumburra office, close to the local Magistrates’ Court. Sean attends to most of the firm’s litigious matters, criminal law hearings (including prosecuting and defending intervention orders), family law disputes and commercial disputes.
Areas of Legal Expertise
- Property law and conveyancing
- Commercial law
- Family law
- Litigation law
- Criminal law
- Wills and powers of attorney
- Estate and succession planning
- 1999-2008: Trust Officer, Senior Master’s (Funds in Court) Office
- 2008-2011: Associate to Hon. Associate Justice Wood, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2011-2012: Associate to Hon. Associate Justice Efthim, Supreme Court of Victoria
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (2010) Latrobe University
- Bachelor or Arts (2010) Latrobe University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law)
43-49 Commercial Street
Korumburra VIC 3950
03 5655 1344